Director of Product Management
Agility PR Solutions provides powerful, yet easy to use media database, monitoring, and analytics solutions for tomorrow’s communicators. Since 2003, clients have trusted our tools and services to help them identify and connect with media influencers, capture coverage, and measure impact of everything they do. Our team of media experts make it easy to monitor and measure traditional, broadcast, social and online coverage.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Product Management will set the long-term vision and strategy for our suite of SaaS solutions for PR and Communications, work with product development to prioritize feature development to ensure timely delivery of critical features and functionality, and communicate this strategy to all relevant stakeholders.
You will act as a central hub within the company for critical information regarding our products, market, competitors, customers, prospects, key industry analysts, and many other business components. You will gather and analyze data and business intelligence from a variety of sources including sales and customer service and use this data to guide the development of our product roadmap.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who has shown demonstrated success interacting with a broad range of stakeholders and departments while ensuring a products’ growth and profitability. Your ability to translate the input and data you gather will help build the foundation for the decisions made within the product roadmap and will drive the overall strategy of the business.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Be ruthless at prioritization, while balancing the needs of clients and stakeholders
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for our products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Develop and maintain a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into certain products.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such Sales and Marketing on the creation of positioning and launch for our products.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to help drive sales of the product.
- Manage and mentor product owners who are working closely with the development team to create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
- Foster innovation. Strive to build not only what the customer is asking for but the things they have not yet considered.
- Other duties as required.
- 8-10 years of product management experience with 5 years in project management working with an agile product development team.
- Proven track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Metrics driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Experience with best practices of agile scrum development.
- Client centric: Ensure every new feature or capability is grounded on a clear client or market need and ensure what is delivered meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Be a strategic thinker. See the big picture but delve into the details as needed.
- Proven ability to define feature requirements and specifications to enable the development teams.
- Excellent people and time management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Be highly flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic product development environment.
- Subject matter expert/ PR or Media industry experience a strong plus.
Agility PR Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.