: Ottawa, Ontario – Office Based, Working from home due to COVID-19
Agility PR Solutions provides powerful yet intuitive media outreach, monitoring, and measurement solutions for tomorrow’s communicators. Since 2003, clients have trusted our tools and services to help them discover and connect with journalists, amplify the impact of their messages, monitor media coverage, and measure the impact of their public relations efforts. Our patented monitoring technology and team of media analysts help organizations glean the insights that help them to flourish.
We have staff around the globe including the United States, the Philippines, offices in the United Kingdom, and Headquarters in the beautiful Canadian capital city of Ottawa.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our engineering team. The work we do is diverse, challenging and rewarding. You will be primarily constructing robust RESTful services in Java and deploying them to a high availability production environment. You will leverage Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Solr to provide the backbone of these services, and solve problems pertaining to large volumes of data, such as distributed workloads and process synchronization. You will contribute to web applications using Angular as the frontend framework and Java, MySQL in the backend. You will also engage in refactoring of code as we perpetually strive to achieve the highest level of quality that we can.
Involvement in front-end development using Angular is also possible should you have an interest in this line of work, or if the team faces high demand in that sector.
At Agility PR Solutions we have a strong team ethic, so the ability to collaborate is expected, as is a positive attitude toward learning new skills and sharing knowledge that may help the rest of the team.
- Work on new projects for features within existing products as well as new products.
- Participate in architecture design discussions.
- Reviewing and implementing designs from prototype to production while ensuring code maintainability and applying software engineering practices, including: unit testing source control, static code analysis, and continuous integration.
- Impart knowledge to junior developers and help them grow.
- Participate in maintaining production code over time by applying upgrades and bug fixes.
- Resolve production emergencies.
- Ensure code maintainability and best coding practices by participating in code reviews.
- Interact with stakeholders to understand problems and validate proposed solutions.
- Document work and report progress to the Project Manager.
- Degree in computer science, or computer related field.
- Competency in the following is required:
- In depth mastery of Java
- At least one of the following: Hadoop, Solr, Kafka, Zookeeper
- REST and HTTP standards
- Competency in the following is an asset:
- UX Design, Angular, HTML, CSS
- Experience with the following: code-review, continuous integration, and mocking.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
How We Work
- Our office is in the heart of Westboro.
- We avoid sharply defined roles.
- We are a flat organization – a great idea is a great idea, and you’ll get the credit and accolades for every idea that you have.
- We believe in work-life balance, as in, you should have some of each.
- We believe work should also be fun so there are regular social gatherings for birthdays, lunch and learns, random celebrations and product launches.
Agility PR Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Application deadline: Monday, July 13th